The Pony Village Mall has been using the last few days of October to put the finishing touches on Halloween decorations.
"You can expect free cotton candy, free kettle corn, and if you go to the businesses here, they'll be handing out candy," Bonnie Hayes, Pony Village Mall spokeswoman, said. "You're guaranteed to get enough candy to hold you over until Christmas."
Last year Halloween at the mall attracted more than 1,200 people, and Hayes said there was still plenty of candy left after the event.
The mall will hold a costume contest, a haunted house and a cakewalk. Another benefits to the mall is that it is indoors on a night that is expected to have wind, rain and even be a bit cold.
"You can trick-or-treat shop to shop like you would go door to door in a nieghborhood," Hayes said.
Across town, Madison Elementary School has been studying about pumpkins all month long. They will end their month of pumpkin studies with a Halloween night carnival.
"Its a great social event," said Arlene Roblan, Madison Elementary principal, said. "A real family event for all of our parents, and it's a lot of fun with games. Its a great alternative to going trick or treat."
Roblan said the school's booster club has plenty of candy that can be won at games and contests and that will also be handed out.
There are also events taking place in Coquille, Bandon and Hauser. Below is a rough list of indoor events.
- Halloween at the Mall- Pony Village Mall begins at 5 p.m.
- North Bend Church of the Nazarene- Fall carnival in the Snoddy Gym
- North Bay Fire Department on East Bay Road- begins at 7 p.m.- candy and fire station tours
- Downtown Association Safe Trick-or-Treat- downtown Coos Bay begins at 3 p.m. (will be outside, but there over-hangs to keep you dry for most businesses)
- Madison Elementary School- Community Carnival begins at 5 p.m.
- Eagle's Lodge will hold a kids Halloween Party- More information TBA
- Coquille Middle School Haunted House
- Skate Party at the Coquille Community Center at 5 p.m.
-Hauser Community Church- Fall Festival from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Haunted House at Bandon High School from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
To have your event listed, please leave a comment below. KCBY will verufy the event, and once it is confirmed, we will post it with the others.