2. Categories of Information. The information gathered by TV Alabama, Inc. falls into two categories: (1) information voluntarily supplied by users to the Website through optional registration and (2) tracking information gathered as users navigate through the Website.
3. Registration. To make use of certain features on the Website users may need to register and to provide certain information as part of the registration process. (TV Alabama, Inc. may ask, for example, for a user's name, email address, gender, age, and zip code.) The information supplied will help TV Alabama, Inc. to offer more personalized features, to tailor the Website, and to make it more useful to users. Supplying such information is entirely voluntary. However, if a user chooses not to supply information requested, TV Alabama, Inc. may be unable to provide the user with services made available to other users of the Website. Even if a user wishes to remain completely anonymous, the user may still to take advantage of the content available on the Website without registration.
4. Uses of Information. TV Alabama, Inc. may present information collected from users of the Website to third parties. Such information is generally in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic within the Website, although from time to time, TV Alabama, Inc. may share personal information on users of the Website with those marketing products and services that we believe may be of interest to users.
6. IP Addresses. The Website's servers automatically collect limited information about a user's computer's connection to the Internet, including a user's IP address. (The IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send data - such as the web pages users view.) An IP address does not personally identify a user. The Website uses this information to deliver its content to users upon request, to tailor the Website to a user's interests, and to measure traffic within the Website.
8. Children's Privacy. This children's privacy statement explains TV Alabama, Inc.'s practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information on user's rights under federal law with respect to such information. TV Alabama, Inc. does NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. TV Alabama, Inc. screens users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If TV Alabama, Inc. becomes aware that it has inadvertently received personally-identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen, TV Alabama, Inc. will delete such information from its records. Because TV Alabama, Inc. does not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen, it also does NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties. TV Alabama, Inc. does NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information.