Jerusalem, Franken, California: 5 things that happened Wednesday
Looking to get caught up on the news, fast? Here are five things that happened Wednesday, covered by the Sinclair stations you trust every day.
1. Trump recognizes Jerusalem as Israeli capital
Acting against decades of policy by Republican and Democratic administrations, President Donald Trump declared the U.S. would recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, making peace negotiations in the area much more difficult.
2. Sen. Al Franken faces resignation calls
3. In California, wildfires continue to rage
More than 200,000 were forced to flee as wind-driven wildfires ate through Southern California, destroying hundreds of homes and other structures.
4. Time Magazine features 'The Silence Breakers'
Time Magazine honored "The Silence Breakers" -- women who spoke out against sexual assault -- as its "Person of the Year."
5. Washington state debates a third gender
Washington State considered putting a third gender on its birth certificates. The historic move would give parents the option to identify their child as neither male nor female.