1 English muffin, halved
butter for spreading
1.5 oz. smoked salmon, thinly sliced
chopped chives, to serve
For the Hollandaise sauce
3 whole eggs
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. chicken base (optional)
kosher salt (to taste)
cayenne pepper (to taste)
1 cup clarified butter at 140 F
1) Lightly butter each half of English muffin, place face down on grill so they brown and warm.
2) Chop the chives, set aside.
3) Make Hollandaise sauce, placing first five ingredients in blender. Turn blender on slow for about 1 minute, so all ingredients are incorporated together. Stop. Begin to blend again as clarified butter is added until mixture starts to thicken. Set aside.
4) Poach eggs by placing them in gently boiling water. Cook briefly.
5) Warm smoked salmon on grill, lightly turning once.
6) Place both halves of the English muffin onto plate, grilled side up. Place warmed smoke salmon onto each half of the English muffin. Place 1 poached egg onto each half of English muffin. Spoon Hollandaise sauce on top of both English muffin halves.
7) Garnish with chopped chives.
* Recipe created by Seven Feathers’ Executive Chef Mark Henry.